If you need to make a Ghost image of your drive or need to restore a Ghost image to your drive, you will have to boot up the computer with a copy of Symantec Recovery Disk.
The following procedure may be used for that purpose:
Firstly make sure you have the following Prerequisites:
- A stationary or laptop computer running Windows 7.
- A Custom Symantec Recovery Disk ISO file ( Link ).
- A writeable DVD or bootable USB stick ( Link ).
- An external drive to write to which the Ghost image may be stored or from which it may be retrieved.
- Insert the writeable DVD in the slot or the bootable USB stick in its port.
- Creating the bootable USB -stick
1. Locate the Custom Symantec Recovery Disk ISO file in the file system, and extract its contents to a temporary folder in the file system.
2. Copy all files and folders found in the temporary folder to the USB stick.
- Creating the bootable DVD
1. Burn the Custom Symantec Recovery Disk ISO to your DVD (Try using Magic ISO)
Your DVD or USB stick is now capable of booting the computer and running Norton Ghost 15.
How to clone Windows 7 using Norton Ghost 15 and Microsoft Sysprep
by Jens Vejrup Lassen